As we head towards the end of the Brexit transition period, we recognise that you may be concerned about our ability to fulfil your requirements. As a valued customer we want to give you an update on our plans to ensure we are prepared for the new way of doing business in 2021.
Dear Valued Customer,
Despite there being considerable uncertainty as the Brexit negotiations continue, we are satisfied that our plans will ensure that we are ready for any changes announced.
Electrix International Ltd operates globally and with all of the systems and procedures required for international trade in place, we are confident that we will be able to continue to provide the seamless service you are accustomed to.
We have considered the potential impact of changes to Customs borders, tariffs, administrative workload and potential delays due to border controls. With this in mind, we would urge all of our customers to consider these potential issues and the impact this may have on delivery times when placing orders.
When Brexit was announced, Electrix realised that its stock holding was essential for a smooth transition and put plans in place to increase stock levels of its critical raw materials. As a result of these plans, we now have a minimum of 6 months stock of raw materials at our disposal.
To summarise our current position:
- We have high levels of Finished Goods and Raw Materials in stock
- Our experienced team are already familiar with the export processes
- We will ensure all employees receive training on any new procedures required
- We have subscribed to alert systems to enable us to be notified of changes in the Customs systems / requirements, such as commodity codes, quotas, licenses and tariffs
- We have identified the country of origin for all of our raw materials
- We maintain good relationships with Freight Forwarders / Couriers who will be crucial to us all
- We are working with our suppliers to determine what their own Brexit plans are and how they will impact on Electrix
We trust this information gives you confidence that Electrix will endeavour to meet all of your requirements. Should there be any major changes, we will of course provide updates as necessary. If you have any specific concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.
Assuring you of our best efforts at all times.
Last Updated: 25th November 2020 - This blog post will be updated should any of the above change.